Monday 6 July 2009

start, stop and start

Ok so art yeah art has been good this year a lot like year 10 and year 11 rolled into one except with all the fun/not so fun aspects of year 10 I had a few crushes which me being the lame ass that I am did nothing about although to be fair in year 10 I asked out a girl and she said no so maybe this is why I did nothing. My music tastes have now diversified from not liking much to liking a lot and giving everything a chance, also I have started to stop playing piano which is annoying it is mainly because I have had a lot of maths to do but I shouldn’t let maths bully other aspects of my life especially as music is more important/fun then maths. So my goal is to be able to play at least 2 songs that I actually like the whole way through on piano. Also I have found my old violin I was re-tuning it and accidently broke one of the string so I replaced it and now I have another instrument although it is a bit small for me as it is ¾ size but still I might learn a few songs on it after I learn a song the whole way through on piano. Oh yeah to bring us back to the beginning of the blog I thought that a girl might like me but I really wasn’t sure if I wanted to go out with her because she seemed a bit weird and she seemed to be some kind of alcoholic but I don’t maybe I am being to picky. Yeah made some good new friend like Dean who is a funny guy and I have become better friends with Tj, Anthony even though he has left and Christian. Something that I have noticed about art is that you can never say that you have learned it all before because even if you have learned a process you still need to practice, for example say you have already learned how to draw you still need to practice to get better you need to draw from life, observation, imagination and from other forms of reference also you need to try out different styles of drawing. Recently I was teaching some year 6’s and it made me wish that I was that age again but with the knowledge of what I like now and what I like doing so that I could practice the skills I needed earlier and by now I could be great, although looking at a person in my class who seemed to know what she was doing from a young age called Rebecca I might retract that statement as it seems that she is set in her ways and un open to adversity or to change her opinions she has social problems but she is amazing at art if that had to happen then I would probably prefer it the way it is. Been working with jack and dean on a work experience thing with my mums boyfriend who is a talented artist and it is the most annoying thing because he is a artist who produces amazing art work but only gets paid at tops 15k a year when people working in a pointless office job probably get paid more I think it is really shit I think it might be because he doesn’t publicise enough but still he should be rich I my opinion. it was fun today because me jack and dean had a fight in the park and had races and things also we made two waves out of recycled material which I was pleased with because it was hard weaving all the strands of material into the piece and also the wind kept blowing dust in our eyes.
To finish I am looking forward to a Lisa Hannigan gig which I will probably blog about and also I bought Madvillain album which is good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment